Posted on

Coronavirus Update 5

The Heff board had a call on Sunday and we decided we need to give you as much of an update as we can on Heff 2021 and Covid.

We have not made a firm booking for the Newark Showground, or paid out any deposits for Heff 2021 because of the uncertain situation. We have also not put tickets on sale for the moment.

We are grateful for the confidence many of you placed in us by carrying over your tickets, but don’t think it’s really fair to hold on to your money for the moment. We will start processing refunds in about a week’s time which will go back to the original payment card. If that won’t work because your details have changed please email To show our appreciation anyone getting a refund now will be entitled to a 5% discount for our next event. This will be calculated on the ticket price total after all other discounts have been applied.

One ray of hope is that our date (the week starting 3rd August) is still available at Newark. We think that it would be possible to pull together a Heff event if we start even as little as 8 weeks beforehand. Heff 2016 was done in 12 weeks and we have more experience now, and a venue we know. We can only start the process if the situation has improved sufficiently that we can run safely and without risk of cancellation or onerous social distancing conditions imposed by the Local Authority. Please keep safe and we hope we will see you all later this year, and if not then we plan to run in 2022.